Colombian Visa

Colombia Visa Guide

en flag
pt flag
es flag
Voiced by Amazon Polly

colombian rentista visa - also known as the annuity visa

Colombia Visa Guide - What Colombian Visa do I need?

This is a quick reference Colombia Visa Guide of the most common visas.

The Colombia Visa Guide will help you understand how to live here as a resident, migrant or visitor in technical immigration terms: New 3 year migrant visas are available now. New visa categories are V for visitor, M for migrant, and R for resident. Most older TP 1 year visas have been replaced with the M 3 year visa. However, visa officials have started to issue less time for business owner visas if they are not confident the business is functioning well. For important changes to visa processes please check out 2018 Colombia Visa Updates. Ask us for more details! We will be updating this guide with videos and more information shortly.

This is a summary Colombia visa guide , so if this page does not help you answer your questions please contact James Lindzey directly at, or We also offer in depth consultations with or immigration experts, attorneys or accountants if needed to plan your migration to Colombia. We have bilingual experts available to help you now, +1-305-767-2766,+57-301-337-1881,+57-313-390-7109 or 574-444-6634.

Please see our short video introduction on visa types - Colombia Visa Guide Video

Will you visit Colombia as a tourist?
Many countries can enter with just a passport, but check the list here.
Please click here (Colombia Tourist Visa)
Up to 180 days in a year for countries that can not enter with a simple visa stamp.

Do you receive monthly payments on pensions?
Please see
Up to 3 year Migrant visas are available
For as little as 800 USD per month you may qualify.
Some pensions must qualify under the annuity visa if not from Government

Will you be opening or operating a Company in Colombia?
1 to 3 years for Migrant visa, and up to full residency available
1-2  years for  a Visitor visa (180 days max per year)

Do you have plans of getting married or living with your partner?
3 year Migrant visa which comes with work permission
** Foreign Document Legalization Process is Complex ***

Do you want to study in Colombia?
What will you study? You can obtain a visitor or education visa.
Contact us directly for more information on education visa requirements
Colombia Visa Guide
Do you want to work in Colombia?
Please see
Up to 3 year Migrant visas are available
Up to 2 year Visitor visas are available (visitor visas have max of 180 days a year)

Will you be purchasing property in Colombia? 
The value of the foreign investment determines the type of visa you may qualify for.
3 year Migrant visa & full residency visas available

Do you have foreign investments paying you personally on a monthly basis?
3 year Migrant visa which comes with work permission
If you receive more than aprx 2,500 in your personal account you may qualify for the annuity (rentista) visa
Annuity Visa / Foreign Investment Income (outside of Colombia)

Will you be volunteering for a non profit organzation?
Please contact us for more information on requirements
Up to 2 years Vistors visa which comes with volunteer work permission
Only non profit organizations qualify

Do you have a spouse or children who will come to Colombia with you?
Beneficiary Visas for immediate family members are available!
Same time as Principal Visa Holder
Visitor - Migrant - Residency Visa (Same Visa Type as Principal Visa Holder)
which do not come with work permission

Spouses qualify with marriage certificates, and children with birth certificates. These documents must be legalized to be accepted. Documents may not be older than 90 days.
It is extremely important to understand how to legalize these documents or they will not be accepted.
Sons or Daugthers over 25 do not qualify. If you have a girlfriend or boyfriend they may qualify if you obtain a civil union.

All types of visas in this Colombia Visa Guide are not listed on this page, please contact us if you need more help. Please tell us more about your plans so we can help you find the best visa for your life style! If you would like to setup an initial consultation with James Lindzey the Colombian visa expert please let us know! Remember Colombia Legal & Accounting SAS also specializes in Commercial, Real Estate, Tax and Family law in addition to immigration services. Our family law attorneys have experience with divorces, child custody, and child adoption.

Please send us an email at or Call us at 57-4-444-6634 or 57-301-337-1881 or in the USA at 1+305+767+2766

colombia visa guide consultations