Colombia Rentista Visa
Thanks for contacting us. The Colombian TP-7 Rentista visa is referred to as the Colombian annuity visa in English. This visa is designed to allow foreigners to receive a 1 year visa who receive income from a fixed income source. This source may not be a salary.
Acceptable sources of a fixed investment – (income source examples):
- Payments from an annuity or retirement fund
- Rent from a rental property
- Interests paid from loaning money
- Dividends or interest payments from investments in corporation
- Disability payments from an insurance settlement
- Payments from the sale of a business
Unacceptable for visa application:
- Payment from salaries
- Payments from commissions
Costs for Visa:
- Legal fees – 350 USD
- Government Fees for Visa – 263 USD
- 3RD party document and notary fees – 100 USD to 300 USD
(fees depend on origin of documents, such as apostille, Spanish translation, mail, and government fees).
This visa does not allow visa holder to work in Colombia, but you may study. If you want more information on work visas or alternatives to work visas click here.
Time to Process Length:
- Gathering documents from your home country – 2 weeks to 1 month depending on country
- Legalizing documents in Colombia 1 week
- Processing visa 1-2 weeks
Visa Category: TP-7
TP7 is a temporary residency visa which is renewed yearly and after 5 years can be converted to a permanent visa.
If required visa applicant MAY have to show a certificate of good standing for entity issuing income certification.
All certificates must be legalized and translated before being presented in a visa application.
If required visa applicant MAY should show 6 months of bank statements.
Financial certification may come from a corporation, financial entity, or government agency.
At this moment 3,500 USD qualifies for this visa, but you must pay attention to fluctuating exchange rate, and beware that each January the minimum wage is adjusted by the government to make up for inflation.